there were some lovely red plums at whole foods the other day. i bought a whole bunch and loosely followed the barefoot contessa’s recipe to make them into a plum crumble.
the recipe makes a lot of plum crumble…fortunately, it goes really well with vanilla ice cream and can be easily assembled into a plum crumble layered short cake!
i even baked some leftover plum crumble into yogurt cake! stay tuned for the recipe soon…
Plum Crumble a la Ina Garten
(enough to fill 1 nine-inch souffle dish)
|For the Fruit|
|Plums||About 10 red plums, washed and quartered with the pits removed|
|Lemon juice||From 1 fresh lemon|
|Lemon zest||From 1 lemon|
|For the Crumble|
|Brown sugar||¼ cup|
- Combine all ingredients “For the Fruit” in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Transfer to souffle dish and place souffle dish on a sheet pan.
- Place all ingredients “For the Crumble” into the food processor. Pulse until the granules resemble large crumbles.
- Sprinkle crumble on top of the Fruit.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350ºF.