holy cow! bananas were going for 19¢/lb at the store. i didn’t know quite what i would do with them when i bought them, but it didn’t take long before they worked themselves into banana cake. i know, not the most creative thing to do with bananas, but sometimes oldies are goodies. and, this banana cake is quite good. i think it’s the honey that makes all the difference.
honey chocolate chip banana cake
(1 nine-inch bundt cake, although it will only fill half way up)
|Butter||1/3 cup at room temp|
|Brown sugar||½ cup|
|Bananas||2 large ones, ripe|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|Egg||1 large one|
|Flour||1 ½ cups|
|Baking powder||1 ½ tsp|
|Chocolate Chips||1 cup|
- Butter & flour a nine-inch bundt pan and set aside. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter, sugar, honey and cinnamon in the bowl of your standmixer with the paddle attachment. Around 3-4 minutes.
- When light and fluffy, turn down speed to low. Add in ripe bananas (you don’t even have to mush them up, the mixer will do it for you if they bananas are ripe), vanilla, egg and yogurt. Mix until well-combined (about 3 minutes).
- Turn off mixer, pour in flour, baking powder and salt. Fold into batter.
- Lastly, add in chocolate chips, and fold those in to the batter as well.
- Transfer batter to bundt pan, and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothcake inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool on a rack.