people descended upon my thanksgiving spread so quickly that i didn’t have the opportunity to take a photo of the entire spread. i did manage to sneak in strategically to get shots of individual dishes. i’ll be posting them over the next few days. first, the turkey glamour shots . . .
i always try to find the smallest bird possible. this year, i got a 10 lb free range turkey from Costco. i recall paying $23 for the bird.
rather than brining, i do a salt and pepper rub. because of its small size, my turkey will cook in about 2 hours, giving me plenty of time to use the oven for other things.
here’s what i did . . .
Lemon Rosemary Roasted Turkey
(one 10 lb turkey)
|Turkey||1 8-10 lb bird, preferably free range|
|Salt & Pepper||1-2 tbsp|
|Olive Oil||1-2 tbsp|
|Onions||2 medium sized onions, halved|
- Pre-heat oven to 425º F
- Wash and dry the turkey
- Sprinkle salt & pepper on the front and back, as well as inner cavity of the bird
- Drizzle all over with olive oil
- Stuff the turkey with lemons, onions and rosemary
- Place the dressed bird on a rack set inside a sufficiently large roasting pan
- Roast for ~2 hours or until the temperature of the breast meat reached about 160º F
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and allow the meat to rest