Decided to make my remaining zucchinis into a bundt cake. I thought it needed something nutty as a contrast to zucchini, which tends to be rather earthy but bland. Lacking nuts in the house, I threw in some chocolate chips (my answer for all things). I suppose it canceled out the “healthfulness” of zucchini but hey, chocolate is supposed to good for the heart, right?
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
(makes 1 9-inch bundt cake)
|Baking powder||2 tsp|
|Baking soda||¾ tsp|
|Eggs||3 large ones|
|Zucchini||2 medium sized zucchinis, shredded|
|Chocolates Chips||1 cup|
- Butter and flour a bundt pan. Set aside. Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- Place the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda) in a bowl and whisk together until evenly combined.
- Combine all wet ingredients (eggs, sour cream, oil) in a separate bowl.
- With the mixer set at the lowest speed (you can mix by hand as well), slowly pour in all the wet ingredients. Beat together until just combined. Do not overmix or else the cake will become chewy.
- Fold the Zucchini and Chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour into pan and bake at 350º F for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick insert into the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before taking the cake out of the pan.