i made two more yogurt cakes over the weekend: coffee flavored with chocolate chips and english breakfast tea with berries (forthcoming). i know, i know. i really need to diversify but these yogurt cakes are easy to make, delicious and highly gift-able. i give myself another week of yogurt cake nirvana before changing subjects. bear with me.
Coffee & Chocolate Chip Yogurt Cake
(one 3 inch x 9 inch loaf cake)
|Flour||270 g (2 cups)|
|Sugar||180 g (slightly less than 1 cup)|
|Instant Coffee Granules||3 tbsp (I used Carte Noire)|
|Baking powder||1 ½ tsp|
|Baking soda||½ tsp|
|Chocolate Chips||1/3 cup|
|Eggs||2 large ones|
|Yogurt||250 ml (1 cup)|
|Canola Oil||80 ml (1/3 cup)|
- Butter and flour a loaf pan. Set aside. Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- Place all dry ingredients EXCEPT chocolate chips in a bowl and whisk together until evenly combined.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- With the mixer set at the lowest speed (you can mix by hand as well), slowly pour in all the wet ingredients. Beat together until just combined. Do not overmix or else the cake will become chewy.
- Add the chocolate chips to the batter and mix on the lowest speed until just evenly distributed.
- Pour into cake pan and bake at 350º F for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick insert into the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before taking the cake out of the pan.