i have muffins on my mind. and i think it’s because i can’t seem to find any muffin flavours that i like at the coffee shop near my house. plus, i had some baby bananas too cute to throw away but definitely a few days past their prime. but really, does anyone need an excuse to make some quick and easy muffins their way?
Muffin o Mornin’ (aka. The What I Like in Muffins Muffin)
(makes about a dozen)
|Butter||1 stick, melted|
|Sour Cream||½ cup|
|Bananas||1 ripe banana, mashed|
|Flour||1 ½ cups|
|Instant Coffee Powder||1 tsp|
|Brown Sugar||¼ cup|
|Baking Powder||1 tsp|
|Dark Chocolate Chips||1 cup|
|Dried Cranberries||½ cup|
- Line a cupcake / regular muffin tin with paper cups and set aside.
- Mix together melted butter, sour cream and mashed bananas in the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment until well-combined.
- Add flour, sugars, baking powder, salt and coffee powder. Stir at the lowest possible speed until just incorporated.
- Drop in cranberries and chocolates chips until evenly distributed. Do not overmix.
- Divide the batter (which is fairly thick) amongst the 12 muffin cups. I find that it is easiest to do so with an ice cream scooper that’s got a lever.
- Bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes, or until your thermometer reaches at least 160ºF after you take it out of the oven (mine were at 170ºF).